“It is one of the beautiful compensations of life, that no man can sincerely help
another without helping himself.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Students interested in applying for a scholarship from Learning to Serve should complete the Online Student Application. Students will be asked to submit an essay detailing their service experience, including a description of service, hours served, and lessons learned.
All Scholarships awarded by Learning to Serve will be merit based. Our Scholarship Committee will be responsible for reviewing applications and distributing funds. Scholarship applications are received through April 15 of each year for the following school year.
To Apply: Please complete the Online Student Application. Incluce your essay containing the following content to your application.
- A full description of the service provided
- A description of the benefits provided
- A description of the individuals who benefited from the service
- A narrative description, in the student’s own words, of what benefits they personally experienced in providing the service and what benefits they believe the recipient of the service enjoyed.
- A description of anecdotes and personal experiences that demonstrate the personal effect the service had on the student. How did the experience affect the student and develop the student’s character?
Eligible Private Schools
Qualified schools are private schools (grades K-12) that meet the following criteria:
* Accredited or in the process of becoming accredited by one or more accreditation agencies:
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; or
- Georgia Accrediting Commission; or
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools; or
- Association of Christian Schools International; or
- Georgia Private School Accreditation Council; or
- Accrediting Commission for Independent Study; or
- Southern Association of Independent Schools.
* Physically located in Georgia;
* Adheres to the provisions of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964; and
* Satisfies the private school requirements prescribed in Georgia state law.
Opportunities to Serve
“Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve.”
— Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.